Monday 21 April 2014

Three Unexpected Side-Effects Of Wearing Hijab (My Story)

Asaalam everyone,
I don't know if it was just me who had that 'stage' before wearing the hijab, when I would wonder around the internet looking at hijab related things, until I came to wearing it. Mind you, I still do look at hijab related things on the internet... a lot of the time (*cough-cough*Amenakin*cough-cough* Nabilabee)
It was at that point I came across the blogger who inspired me... A Hotchpotch Hijabi In Italy:
http://saritaagerman.blogspot.co.uk/
At that point, blogging was something that I would have loved to do, yet I had not taken serious action to fulfil my interest.

My reaction to when she plus one'd one of my posts:

 
Except, I'm not a pony- or am I?
(Cue mysterious horror music)
 
One of her blog posts is written around the 'side-effects' of wearing the hijab, specifically from her own experience. Therefore, I pondered a little over my own 'side-effects'.
I came to a conclusion which I present to you, fellow stranger...
 
 
Side effect number one-
Friendship changes
 
I think loneliness was previously quite an awkward concept to me, however, after my decision to cover, it suddenly became such that I didn't care what anyone's opinion was, even on me strolling around alone, I was given some more space, and even able to create the right relationships with those around me, due to the fact that I didn't care what anyone thought about what I did now.
 
Side-effect number two-
Le beginning awkwardness.
 
I would have thought that all the reactions would end within a day and I would feel normal with my hijab on, however, there were so many people, some of which I do not even know (weird right), who reacted in some way or another. However, I have to admit, I love the support I got from other hijabi sisters, as due to the fact they have been through a similar experience, they were able to deal with certain situations better than I would have.
 
Side Effect Number Three-
Before and after- Come on, my Hijab doesn't change me completely!
 
 
 
I think, although certain aspects of my life-style changed, many may have thought I have changed completely as a person, which is obviously not true.
 
Anyways, go check out a Hotch-Potch Hijabi In Italy!
Here's her side-effects:
 
Jzk for reading, hope you're having a lovely day and Asaalam!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment