Monday 21 April 2014

Le Bad Hijab Day (Cue Tense Melodramatic Theme Tune)

Asaalam everyone,
Often, I create an image in my mind of how I wish something that I intend to do will turn out.
Yeah, let's face the truth. It doesn't always match that image.
Doesn't it?
Sorry pal, but it doesn't.
Cue disappointed face.
 
Why am I forever choosing images of cute little kids and lolcats?
 
Back onto topic...
You had a bad hijab day?
Yes, I had a bad hijab day... :(
 
 On the day I became an official hijabi I faced several obstacles, originally putting my mind off the idea of keeping the hijab on, however, I had promised myself I would stick to it.
Why did I get so stressed over it though? Not only is it frustrating and can have an affect on your day if not dealt with and handled immediately, but a lot of us naturally worry about out physical appearance, and even though hijab is a freedom and helps us to realise there is more to us than how we look, it often n sometimes be something differing from what society deems 'beauty' and hover more along the lines of simply physical presentation.
  
Obviously, it is important to be dealt with somewhere appropriate, however, it mustn't have that big an impact on our day, as I've found, some-how, with hijab on, life has just become much more enjoyable to me...
 
Perhaps that story is for another day.
 
Hope you're having a great da, JZK for reading and Asaalam!

No comments:

Post a Comment